The Norway Rat
Rattus norvegicus is known as the brown rat, Hanover rat, sewer rat, Norway rat, Norwegian rat, or wharf rat.
The Norway Rat is one of the best known and most common rats. Many believe they originated in northern China, but this rodent has been found on all continents except Antarctica. The Norwary Rat and is the most common rat in North America. They like to live urban areas, near humans.
- Color: brown or grey rodent
- Size: body up to 25 cm (10 in) long, with the tail a similar length
- Weight: the males weigh on average 12 oz (350 g) and the females 9 oz (250 g).
Signs of Rat Infestations
- Rat droppings
- Evidence of fresh gnawing
- Tracks visible on dusty surfaces.
Who We AreOur Mission Statement
Nuisance Wildlife Removal is committed to providing safe, effective and humane solutions to all nuisance animal problems in private homes and commercial properties throughout West Central Florida
Learn More About Rat Remover